Monday, July 23, 2012

Grandma T's Cream of Chicken Noodle Soup


Today I posted this picture on my Instagram feed and it got a lot of love from my online friends.  I gave out the recipe here, but it's so simple and delicious I thought I'd come over here and share it too!  We've been a sick house here lately and although we're all on the up and up, there's a lot of congestion.  So, despite it being 100 degrees out, soup seemed like a great lunch for the boys and me today!

Josh taught me how to make this soup so I take no credit.  It's what his Mom made him when he was sick and what he makes us now.  I just learned how to make it this last year.  It's simple, but comforting and delicious.

Ingredients:
1/2 bag no yolk egg noodles
2 cans Healthy Choice (reduced fat) cream of chicken (or normal... Josh likes the normal kind)
1 cup milk (I use 1%)
1 cup water
salt
pepper


Cook up half a bag of no yolk egg noodles.  While they're cooking whisk together two cans of cream of chicken soup, the 1 cup milk, and 1 cup water.  Keep it on low heat so milk doesn't boil and let it all heat up and get friendly.  When you drain your water and add the noodles back to your pan, pour in your creamy soup and stir.  Add salt and pepper to taste and voila, you have what I call Grandma T's cream of chicken noodle soup!

J, who is almost 2, ate 2 (toddler sized) bowls of this soup for lunch today so it's definitely a favorite among small children!  This amount serves two adult sized people and is 11 Weight Watchers points a serving.  And it only takes about 10 minutes to make.  Bon appetite!

P.S. I like this soup w/ a lot of pepper and a few saltines and Josh likes it with Ritz crackers.  :)

No comments: