Monday, April 28, 2014

My Diet Bet

Well hey! I ran a half marathon yesterday! I'm excited to post about it, but I have a more time sensitive post to write up for you today!

I've been approached by www.dietbetter.com about creating a Diet Bet game and I've accepted!  If you follow me on Instagram you know in April my SOLE focus was athleticism and marathon training.  I have NO regrets about that.  But I did spend most of the month maintaining my weight by going up and down 3lbs.  And I still need to shake the 5lbs I gained over Christmas and the 5lbs I gained at Disney World and the last 5-10lbs I have to lose after that too!  SO for May, I need to reset mentally and get back into a weightloss mindset.



I decided in April I'd do Whole 30 (read more at www.whole30.com) for the month of May as a sugar carb detox/flush and a way to get me mentally back into making the best choices and get to shedding inches (because if I've learned anything this last year it's that carbs and sugar = lots of inches).  Whole 30 is MY diet plan and has nothing to do with what Diet Bet requires or what you should consider if you're doing Diet Bet.  I never recommend specific diets (except Weight Watchers) to people because everyone is different.  When I first cut carbs, sugar, and dairy out of my diet I did so under weekly Doctor and Nutritionist supervision.  If this is something you're considering, make sure you research it and get your Doctor's thoughts on the matter too!

So the Diet Bet!  Basically you go to THIS LINK to see my game.  I've set the buy in VERY low because I know I would NEVER do anything like this if the buy in was high.  And the buy ins are usually high.  So after consulting Diet Bet and my followers on Instagram, I set the buy in at $10.

Basically, you pay $10 and submit your start weight and photos by April 30th.  Then for 28 days (4 weeks) you submit your weighs in and at the end the people in the bet who have lost 4% of their start weight will split the pot! It could be 1 person, it could be 5 people so I can't say how much percent you'll get of the pot, but Diet Better does a good job of keeping everyone in the game really aware of their and everyone else's standings.




I think this can be so fun and such a great accountability!  I know last year when I chose to go to a Nutritionist for weightloss, knowing how much of a financial stank I had put into my weightloss efforts really motivated me!  If you're considering it, please check out my game HERE and be SURE to read the rules HERE so you really understand the game (I would try to explain more, but the company and their rules are so much better at explaining, of course!)  As the host of the game I'll be there supporting you and encouraging you and of course posting yummy food pics and my workouts on Instagram! :)

And if you're like me, you're probably wondering… what if people lie?  Well read the rules.  I did and I realized, "Oh, ok! That's basically impossible."  Throughout this process there will be referees with the Diet Better website and we'll be uploading photos of ourselves and our scales and a daily "word of the day" along with our scales to prove our weight really happened on the day it should have.  I really, really appreciate that accountability system!

So here's to our Diet Bet!  I hope a lot of you play! It'll be super fun and encouraging I think!  :)

2 comments:

Alli Lizer said...

My fear is losing $10. Hah. I guess that's the point isn't it? But for me it'd be 6 pounds or so and that is a lot for me in a month. I haven't lost that much for almost a year now... but maybe that's the kick I need.

Homemaking Challenged said...

Been missing you in blogging land friend! Dietbet's are awesome. I'm already in one, and we are going to be continuing again when it is over next week, or I would totally join you. Thanks for sharing.