Monday, June 11, 2012

Pin Review: Copy Cat Chipotle Guacamole

So the majority of my pins are food.  I have two food related pin boards: recipes and Weight Watchers recipes.  But here's the honest truth... in the 24 weeks I've been on Weight Watchers, I've cooked off the regular recipe board more often and have just made sure to always plug recipes into my e-tools and modify what I can to lighten things up a bit.  That being said, the majority of these pin reviews will probably be food.  If you didn't already know, I LOVE to cook!  :)

We love Chipotle.  Love it!  Our standard operation is to get J a quesadilla kid's meal he can't finish so the husband finishes it for him, to split a burrito, and to order chips and guacamole.  Half a burrito, 7 chips and a little guacamole is definitely worth the points spent (usually around 18 of my 44 daily).  If you haven't tried Chipotle, you should.  It's amazing.  And organic!  Bonus!

I also love avocados.  Seriously.  I'm obsessed.  I bought 6 for this week at the grocery store Friday.  I eat them on sandwiches, toast, plain... and in guacamole which is something Josh loves too!  So I found this pin for copy cat guacamole.  This was my FIRST copy cat recipe to attempt and I seriously had my doubts.

So here's the pin image:

source
And the pin link is HERE.

And here's what my guacamole (and the mess of making my guacamole and the fact that it's not pretty...) looked like:


The verdict: Josh LOVED this.  He thought it was incredible and has made it for himself since.  He also believed it tasted JUST like Chipotle's guacamole.  I did not love it as much as I love the guacamole recipe I've conjured up (which is also amazing because I can whip up a batch in under 5 minutes - recipe coming!) because I tend to not like strong, crunchy vegetables in their raw form and this has red onion and jalapeno and those are definitely strong, crunchy vegetables when raw!  I'm making this guacamole again despite that, however, because my husband does love it so.  We LOVE fish tacos (recipe coming soon) and I plan to whip up a batch on fish taco night.  My intent this time is to use a little less red onion and a little less jalapeno and to chop both finer.

SO I definitely recommend this guacamole recipe especially if you love Chipotle's guacamole!  Two thumbs up!

3 comments:

Kris L said...

Num! I love avocados! I will definitely try this... can't wait to see your version of guacamole as well! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

YUM! I love Chipotle as well. Thanks for sharing!

Alli said...

I will DEFINITELY be trying this. I've been on an avocado kick lately. Noah always says he doesn't like avocados or guacamole but I haven't seen him try it for years... maybe I can convince him with this?