Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pin Review: DIY Miracle Pan Cleaning Solution

So it's been awhile! I'm always trying to find that balance of making time for things I enjoy - like blogging - and the other things I have to do every day (changing 8-10 diapers, feeding kids, cleaning up messes constantly, never ending laundry, playing with the babies... you know, life stuff!).  That being said, I started this blog as a creative outlet and I'm ready to get back on track!  I've tried a few new recipes, done some new DIY projects, and have reviews of a few pins ready to share with you guys!

Today I will review a pin.  This is a new concept for this blog, but as someone who loves Pinterest and is always anxious to try new things out, I'm always leary of investing time or resources into something that may not work or a recipe that may not be delicious or a craft that may not be so easy.  I'm always skimming comments for reviews (if you've tried any of my recipes so far and have time to review, I'd love for you to leave a comment on the recipe you tried to review it!) before I do something but sometimes that's just not available.  So, I'm starting this new "series" called where I talk about doing something I pinned (because I do TRY to do some of my Pinterest pins - especially the recipe ones!).

So here we go!  For my first time doing this, I want to bring you a pin review of a pin I didn't like.  The link to the pin is HERE.  And the pin's image looks like this:


I decided to try this pin out last night after the Thunder game because I was riding the high of our win and wanted to... clean.  I'm crazy like that.

Now I didn't take a before picture of the pan I used because I didn't think about this starting this series until this morning.  Whoops.  I will say the pan I used didn't look a whole lot different than it does now which is why I'm giving this pin a negative review.

I don't doubt AT ALL that this blogger's pan ended up looking like that and that this worked for her, but it didn't work for me.

I did just what she said: I dusted on baking soda (pretty thick), layered on hydrogen peroxide and then coated in more baking soda.  It sat out from about 11pm-7am so a full 8 hours.  I was excited to scrub it off this morning (and I was all about scrubbing - she said she did NOT scrub) with a dishcloth but it hardly looked any different to me.  There were a few spots that were cleaner and the film on the pan was gone (which is definitely a plus!) but my pan didn't look like that all.  It looked like this:


If you look closely at the pan you can see a circle around the Chefmate imprint that looks lighter than the rest of the pan.  That's about all the change I noticed aside from the film being gone.  The areas that were really bad (like towards the back of the pan) stayed pretty bad.

SOOO... In my experience, the tip in this pin did NOT make my pans look new or cleaner, but it DID lift the film that can be so tricky to get off from layers and layers of PAM.

So I'm curious, have you tried this?  Did you let it soak longer or use a scrubber to take off the soda/peroxide mix?  If you had better luck, please share with us all!

Next time I do a pin review it'll be for something I DID like.  Because no one wants to hear over and over again about how things don't work, right?

1 comment:

Julie S. said...

I am sorry that it didn't work for you! I look forward to seeing more posts like this- love it!