Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Shake up your salads: A 450 Calorie DELICIOUS Option!

Just swinging by this long abandoned blog to share one of my favorite salad recipes of late with you fine people still reading!

This salad is full of flavor, juicy, packed with protein, healthy, delicious and under 450 calories!  Win, win, win, win, win!


ingredients:

3-4 cups chopper romaine lettuce
1 serving turkey (I use Hormel natural) OR 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded chicken, whatever you have!
1/4 cup blueberries
1/3 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 chopped apple
1/4 cup chopped pecan
1/4 cup feta
2 Tbs raspberry vinegarette (I love Sprouts brand dressings!)

It's really simple to assemble.  Chop up your meat, fruits, and nuts.  Toss it all onto lettuce.  Drizzle with dressing and ENJOY!

Salads are so wonderful and such a good go to meal for a dieter or someone working to maintain their weight and health, but they can get SO BORING! I  hope this recipe helps you spice up your salad life.

For more on what I eat, follow me on Instagram (@mynestinginstincts).  I'm taking a break from social media for lent, but there's some old ideas and new ones coming soon.  In the meantime, I'll try to show more love to the 'ole blog here. 

1 comment:

Alli Lizer said...

Ever since I gave up meet I have found salads to be difficult to engage in. Fruits help though.

Do you find yourself feeling full afterwards? And how do you stop the cravings for carbs? I'm starting to question whether I'm "hooked" on carbs because I eat so many. I swear I don't feel full without them.