Monday, August 6, 2012

A Toy Story 2nd Birthday Party

I've spent the last few weeks working on J's 2nd birthday party.  It was this last Saturday (even though his birthday is tomorrow).  If you didn't know he is OBSESSED with Toy Story.  We watch it every day (and boy am I glad there's 3 to choose from!), he plays with his Toy Story toys all the time and is always asking about Woody's hat.  I was excited to have this party for him & to see his reaction to everything we set up.  He was definitely excited when he walked into Grandma's house and saw everything, but let's be honest, the balloons were by far the highlight of the decor.  Haha.  Oh well, I've packed it all up and intend to reuse it again when he's older and will appreciate it even more!

We had two parties with him with our two separate families.  This first batch of pics was with my family at my Mom's house (our house is too small to hold all the people who came to this one!).

(The easel was a gift from my parents and my youngest brother drew the Woody. Everyone at both parties signed.  This was my Mom's idea & I loved it!)








Most of my time spent crafting was on this photo booth.  I saw the idea on Pinterest and loved it but wasn't sure how it'd pan out.  It ended up being so much fun for everyone and the pictures are incredible!  I'm so glad I ended up taking the time to do it and thankful to my sister who helped me with the props!



Special thanks to my husband who helped so much w/ the party & who dealt w/ a crazy woman as a wife last week.  ;)
Party two was at our house with Josh's family.  It started immediately after J's nap & he was pretty excited to wake up and see the party as still happening and his Nana & Pa had arrived for the fun!  My Mother-in-law contributed a few more decorations she picked up at Party City.  My favorite things were the giant Woody & Buzz and Jessie, Rex & Mr. Potato Head posters she brought.  J was impressed too.  They're now hanging in his room and spicing up his plain white walls.  Here's a look...







I'm typically not a fan of posting my kid's names or pictures on this blog, but since this is a birthday post here's a picture of the little man from the side admiring the large Woody poster during his second party.  I really can't believe he'll be two tomorrow and I've just celebrated that with the people who love him.  Time really does fly way too fast when you become a parent.  :(


Thanks so much for everyone who helped with the party! I'd like to put up a few tutorials soon, but in the mean time here's links to websites I drew my Pinstert-piration! 


E turns 1 on October 15th and I'm already planning (and pinning) the best Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party for him (he LOVES Mickey!) but I think everyone around me deserves a birthday party break.  We go to Disney World soon, but once we're back I'll switch over to party planning mode for my littlest man.  Hope you all have a good Monday! :)

2 comments:

Phil said...

It looks like a lot of fun, glad the hard work paid off. We'll maybe have to try to run into each other on the boardwalk of you and the fam are still around the morning of the 15th. I should be getting there a little after 10

Julie S. said...

What a CUTE party! I love it!