Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week 1 of Paleo - Results!

Well, I sat down to crank out a few blog posts for this week 2 hours ago and have ended up with no posts so far, but the beginnings of a new blog layout.  I'm pretty happy with everything so far.  I'm lacking a button, but that's no big deal.  What do y'all think? I felt like the old design didn't fit who I am as a Blogger anymore...

ANYWAY…

I wanted to swing in today to let you all know how I did during week 1 of Paleo!  Drumroll, please…

I lost… 4lbs!  I'm insanely happy with that number.  Do you want to know why?  It means I went from 164lbs to 160lbs which means I've officially lost 90lbs.  NINETY POUNDS!!!


I weighed Friday morning and was happy to see 160, but didn't think much about it except, "YAY, I'm almost into the 50s!"  It wasn't until that night it dawned on me "OH HEY GIRL, YOU'VE LOST 90lbs!!!"  Then I was just elated and smiling and sharing with every form of social media and so proud of myself!

Paleo was really hard at first.  I wrote about that last week.  It's just always hard to start ANYTHING and feel like you're closer to -0 than -goal, but that first taste of success is truly motivating!  I didn't lose any more over the next two days, but I'm so happy with that first loss.  I realized if I stay focused and my metabolism MAYBE lets me lose 2lbs a week, I could be down 100lbs by Christmas.  ONE HUNDRED.  That means I'd be 5 from goal going into 2014.  YAY.


I also just wanted to share again that Paleo for me has been about dieting and not about lifestyle.  I'm a big fan of the clean eating lifestyle or "all bad things in moderation."  Going forward after hitting goal weight I'd like to continue to eat 90% healthfully every day, but I also know I love a good sandwich or will go out for a burger and indulge in a bun now and then.  I just wanted to clarify all that because some people are 100% Paleo and even their whole family eats Paleo, but it's just not for me in the long term.  I miss beans and that 100% whole grain bread.  ;)

I've also modified my Paleo to allow for one cheat meal per week.  I had mine Sunday.  I still haven't recovered from it in my daily weighing, but expect to in the next day or so and then see more loss.  If it backfires on me I'll cut it out.  I did it because I've read so much about how a cheat meal (or day) can help boost metabolism when you're eating so much of the same thing.  Your body has to fire up to process a carb when it hasn't been used to doing that in a week.  I'm also doing it because my Paleo was originally a 26 day diet, but is now a 7 week diet because I believe and HOPE I can be down 100lbs by Christmas and if so, I'll keep going until I lose those last 5!


Hope you all had a lovely weekend!  Aside from all the dieting I enjoyed a fantastic Saturday of laziness and fun with my family, Church and a special lunch out with our boys Sunday, beginning my Christmas shopping, and relaxing!  I also ran my first 5k training with my little sister.  We're doing a 5k on Thanksgiving together and I was dying to see how we paced together!  It went well and we were pumped to finish!  Our together time was 32:21.  Sunday night I raced sunset and cranked out my own 5k and finished mile 1 in my fastest time and finished the whole thing in my fastest time!  Pretty awesome!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

90 lbs!!! Awesome! Congratulations - what a wonderful amazing achievement! xxx

Alli Lizer said...

Way to go! You are such an inspiration to me. That means I need to get off the couch and go to the gym since I have time this morning.

And I love your new blog look by the way. Feels fresh. :)

Julie S. said...

Congratulations!!!