Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

It's been awhile since I linked up with The Pleated Poppy for "What I Wore Wednesday."  That's partly because I am lacking in the clothes department.  Extreme weightloss will do that to you.  You start a season and need all new clothes and then you have to slowly build.  Unless you're able to afford all new clothes every season in which case, I will take your old clothes.  ;)

I should clarify that these photos have been taken over the last month, but these are basically all of my fall outfits at the moment so …Welcome to my fall wardrobe!

This outfit is one of my favorites.  It's simple and I just am in love with this shirt!  I wore it with a different necklace for our family pictures.  And the best part is I've seen plenty of similar tops online at H&M or Francescas but this one was thrifted for $6! Score!

top - thrifted
necklace - thrifted
skinnies - American Eagle
boots - Basset Slouch (from Fancescas)
This outfit is a go to for when I want to be casual but still feel like I've dressed up a bit.  It's perfect for a play date or a trip to Target or going out to dinner as a family.  ;)
necklace - Groopdealz
top - Forever21(no longer available)
jeans - American Eagle
flats - (old) Pac Sun

I wore this outfit to a baby shower and it's a go to for Church.  This skirt is one that will always be a favorite because it was purchased when I was 223lbs as a "goal" skirt.  On Sunday I zipped it up and it had plenty of wiggle room and I did not have to suck in at all to zip! Glory, glory, hallelujah!

necklace - Groopdealz
top - thrifted
skirt - J Crew Factory (old)
flats - Pac Sun (old)

I wish I had a real photo of this outfit but I had mirror problems and no one to take my photo (even though I was at my Mom's house surrounded by people who could have…).  I was hesitant to do denim on denim but finally got brave with the dark jeans and lighter top when I found this old scary in my closet to make it pop! I wore it to the pumpkin patch with my boots and thought it was perfect!

scarf - Charolette Rousse (old)
top - Forever21(similar)
jeans - American Eagle

This is my ultimate casual outfit.  Same jeans (have you realized I only have one pair that fits me?) but rolled up with a pair of converse and an old concert t-shirt from one of my favorite bands.  This is my outfit I throw on when we are headed to the grocery store or the park or it's great for around the house.  I know it's a t-shirt and jeans, but something about the t-shirt being a band shirt and not a graphic t or a plain t makes me feel like it's more dressed up.  Band t-shirts and fitted athletic shirts give that vibe.  To me.  Maybe I'm crazy.

top - concert
jeans - American Eagle
shoes - grey Converse

 I have these pink skinny cords I bought last spring.  My jeans are size 10 but these are size 14.  They're skin tight on the legs though and belts just started fitting me so I've been able to put them back into my wardrobe.  They're kind of annoying because I never know how to style them.  This or with my chambray shirt is pretty much the only thing I do.
earrings - Etsy (gift, not sure of the shop)
top - thrifted
pants - Old Navy Rockstar Cords (similar?)
flats - Pac Sun (old)

This is the oldest photo in the bunch and I'm happy to report my stomach is looking much better these days even with having lost just 5-6lbs since this was snapped.  This is another casual outfit.

earrings - thrifted
sweater - Francescas (no longer available)
top - American Eagle (clearance rack)
jeans - American Eagle

And finally, my favorite dress up outfit!  My favorite $12 H&M dress with a sweater and slouchy boots.  I love it.  Also, I love that little guy doing the robot dance beside me.  He's a big robot fan and he's pretty darn cute.  :)

necklace - H&M
sweater - Forever21 (similar)
dress - H&M
boots - Basset Slouchy (Francescas)

More than anything I'm just happy that THIS Fall I look like I do and not like I did last Fall.  Hard work, baby, and dedication got me here.  I love that I feel confident, can shop anywhere and enjoy getting dressed!  That Ashley in the old picture HATED shopping because nothing fit.  Size 16? Size 18?  Size XL?  I never knew and things would not fit me like I wanted them to and I'd get so frustrated, feel defeated and then eat some cookies.  NOW I love shopping, know I am always going to fit into a 10/M and feel really confident!  Thankful to be here after 2 years of work!


Have a happy hump day!

1 comment:

Alli Lizer said...

Looking gorgeous girl! I love fall outfits, they are so sweet and innocent but still so flattering! Looking at your clothes apparently I need to start shopping at H&M because I love all their pieces.