Friday, July 19, 2013

Baked Cauliflower "Chips"

Just sharing a quick go to recipe I've been using lately (and by lately I mean 3-4 times a week) for baked cauliflower!  I conjured this up during my early "reentry" days when I knew I still wanted something salty alongside a sandwich but not chips (since then chips have become the devil to me and the treadmill and I have been getting cozy to counter my indulgence of them... and now the chips are in the trash can, btw).  I once claimed on Twitter this cauliflower tasted like popcorn.  I was kind of crazy when I said that as I hadn't had popcorn in, like, 4 months.  I've since had popcorn and no.  No, this is not popcorn.  But it's good!  And to me, it's better than a chip because it's actually filling, full of flavor, and great for my body!


Baked Cauliflower "chip" Florets:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Cut half a head of cauliflower into small floret pieces (think bite size).
Toss in 1-2tsp EVOO.
Toss in 1 tsp kosher salt
Toss in 1 tsp black pepper
Toss in 1 Tbs garlic powder
Toss in 1-2 Tbs paprika 

Bake for 5-7 minutes and then turn and bake another 5-7 minutes.

And that's it!  You may want to add more salt to the finished product (the raw salt tastes more chip like anyway) and possibly more pepper.

1tsp of EVOO is 1 Weight Watcher point so if you eat half a head of cauliflower with 2 tsp of EVOO you've had 2 points and your plate would have been full of yummy cauliflower as oppose to the 9 potato chips you counted out just sitting there looking dinky and unsatisfying.

Hope you enjoy this!  If you do or don't, I always love your feedback!

1 comment:

Alli Lizer said...

And I wanted to let you know, I bought cauliflower at the market just to make this recipe!