Monday, August 26, 2013

10 Point Weight Watcher Pasta

Saturday night was a rare one in our house.  Both of our kids were asleep by 6:05pm and Josh and I had not yet eaten dinner.  The realization hit us we could get crazy in the kitchen and cook ourselves whatever we wanted to eat, take our time, and eat our food while it was hot.  WHAT?  Parents of toddlers understand.

So naturally, Josh chose to make fried chicken nuggets and homemade french fries.  Toddler food.  ;)

I decided I wanted a treat to but to be more conscientious.  So I whipped up so delicious pasta and pretended I was Giada and said "mozzarella" the right way while walking around the kitchen.  I posted the below pic on Instagram and my friends wanted the recipe so I thought I'd put it here for everyone!  Enjoy!

10 point Delicious Pasta


Ingredients
1 chicken breast tenderloin (mine was 2oz) (2 points)
2 slices of bacon (2 points)
1 cup of pasta (5 points for 1 cup cooked)
1 tsp EVOO (1 points)
1 cup brocoli florets
kosher salt
pepper
crushed red pepper
garlic powder
lemon juice (optional)
mozzarella (optional - adds points)

First up, get your pasta boiling.  I NEVER cook pasta al dente because, well, toddlers.  This time I did and it was delicious!  I also had frozen broccoli florets on hand so I got those boiling too.

Cut chicken & bacon into small pieces while raw.  Toss with garlic powder to taste (I used about 1/2tsp), black pepper (I used about 1/4tsp), crushed red pepper (about 1/4-1/2 tsp depending on how spicy you like it), and salt (about 1/4tsp).  Spray a pan with PAM and cook meat until done stirring frequently and breaking into smaller pieces.  Set aside.

When pasta is done, drain and toss with 1tsp EVOO. Add a little kosher salt, a little more of the black and red pepper and a squirt of two of lemon juice.  Toss in meats and then broccoli.  Stir well and let everything sit together and absorb flavor for a minute or so.  Add salt or pepper or garlic to taste and enjoy!

Simple, filling, satisfying, fairly guilt free and 10 points!  This pasta is such a win for me when I'm having a craving!  Hope you enjoy!

P.S. You can sprinkle the top with mozzarella if you want to add the points.  I found the flavor was fine without the mozzarella and it didn't enhance the flavor enough to spend the points.

1 comment:

Leen Smith said...

Yum! Can't wait to try this!