Thursday, August 8, 2013

When my heart is overwhelmed...

This summer has been busy and full and good and hard and all of the things.  There's been so much accomplished and so much overcome, but there's also been hard moments and set backs for me and for my family.

As always, I'm learning to cope with being overwhelmed or disheartened or scared in new ways instead of turning to food.  I'm learning to over come my binge eating disorder and replace a craving for food with a longing for peace.

via

Today especially I am feeling a little overwhelmed, a little discouraged, and a little like, "Can this thing I'm praying for so desperately happen for me now, please?"  It's hard not to be discouraged sometimes with life hands you lemons.  But just as the verse above says, I'm learning to turn to God when I feel overwhelmed and not turn to food.  Because really, how can food help me anyway?  Is this piece of toast followed by this handful of cereal followed by this string cheese going to make my problem any better?  No.  Can turning to God make it better?  Yes.  Can turning to other coping mechanisms like exercise or cleaning make it better?  No, but it can make me feel better.

via

I don't know how you are today.  I don't know what problems you're facing (be they big or small) and I don't know if you're disheartened or discouraged or sad or whatever!  But I hope that no matter where you are you can try to find the positive things around you filling your life with joy and focus on those things.  I hope you can find peace.  

No comments: