Monday, October 8, 2012

My toddlers ate this pot roast!

Good evening, friends! I'm swinging by to share my pot roast recipe with you because it was especially delicious tonight so my confidence is up and my toddlers both ate it so my confidence is really up!  I hope you like it!!!  And sorry for no actual pot roast picture.  I inhaled it too quickly to take something you might want to see a picture of!


A note, I like to cook my roasts 10+ hours.  Tonight it cooked closer to 11 hours.

Ingredients
1lb beef pot roast (I literally buy the bag from the butcher that says, "Pot roast" on it)
3 cups beef brother
1 cup water
1/4 cup chopped white onion
2 bay leaves
3 cloves of garlic smashed
1/2tsp pepper
1-2tsp salt
1tsp garlic powder
1 T EVOO
optional Ingredients
Brussel sprouts
Carrots
Red potatoes

Fill your crock pot with 3 cups brother, 1 cup water, onion (I like to chop dice mine up so it's edible with the veggies in post), bay leaves, and crushed garlic.  Then, place your roast in the crock pot (mine are usually frozen). Sprinkle in your pepper (I only start with about 1/2 t because I don't want it to be too spicy for the tots), your salt (I start with about 1 tsp) and about 1/2 tsp-1tsp garlic powder.  After about 6 hours (or when there's 4 hours to go) chop your veggies and dump them into the crock pot.  Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil atop the veggies and then add another 1/2tsp of garlic, a few shakes of pepper, and about 1/2-1tsp of salt depending on how salty you like your food (you can always add, but you can never take away!).  Let cook 4-5 more hours until the veggies can be pierced through like butter with a fork.

Serve up and enjoy with some delicious crescent rolls (but wait to serve the crescent rolls until after your toddlers have eaten a sufficient amount of meat/veggies because when they eye those suckers, it's done and they will finish strong by eating only crescent rolls.  Enjoy and as always, please let me know if you try this and like it.

And just an extra honest note, I think the brussel sprouts really helped enhance the flavor of this roast!  All the bitter cooked out and I think the roast picked up some of the brussel's really good flavor!  I'll definitely make them a permanent fixture in the pot from now on!

2 comments:

Sugarr2518 said...

All I have to say is, oh my, yumminess:)

Maegan said...

My son ate beef last night (went out to dinner) and I was floored! I thought of this recipe and knew I had to come back for the "how to" so I can make it tonight for he and his babysitter (date night!)

Last night he was all "More beeeeeeff!!" - who is this boy?! - hopefully tonight he'll gobble up the roast. And I plan to use "beef brother" too, heehee!

xo
Maegan