Monday, October 1, 2012

Do-Be-Mem: Live Simply

Oh hi, world! It's been awhile hasn't it? I really had the BEST intentions when I started this blog of posting regularly... I thought that it would challenge me to be more creative if I made a blog centered around creativity.  Little did I realize all those months ago TIME to be creative or blog at all (my own little private blog I use to document our family is seriously suffering as well!) would become very, very limited and full of other things.

The truth is that I miss blogging a whole lot.  I miss sharing my thoughts and projects with these people of the Internet I've formed relationships with!  I've actually managed to do a lot of great projects lately, have another little baby's birthday coming up, and want to share things like details of our trip to Disney World with you!  There's lots to blog about, but I've got to get back into the swing of things.  Link ups are great about putting you back into the swing of things... they challenge you to think about things someone else thought up and that's just what I need! So today I'm linking up with my sweet blogging friend Maegan in her new link up, "Do, be, mem." Essentially her weekly challenge is for you to DO one thing, challenge yourself to BE something and for you to MEMORIZE a little something of your choosing, so this week I'll share my goals for next week with you.




DO: 
Blog!!! I think I've explained this pretty well already.  ;)

BE:
Simple.  My mantra this year has been "live simply" and yet it is so easy to become obsessed with living extravagantly and spending money frivolously.  I've seen a lot of bloggers lately "loving what they have" and even my friend April encouraged me in a blog post she wrote when it came to fall decorating to search my home before spending a lot of money and I did and I think what I ended up making was so much better, cuter, and more "this family" than I could have purchased.  The challenge here is to love what I have, look in the clearance section, hit thrift stores/garage sales, save more money, cook good meals, opt for the backyard over the gas to the park... not always, but more.  All these little things will add up!

MEMORIZE:
Along that line, I'm aiming to memorize this quote by CS Lewis:

source

3 comments:

Julie S. said...

I am trying to live more simply, as well! :) Glad to see your post today!

Maegan said...

I love your mantra for living simply, I strive for that too. Thanks for joining the party!

xxoo

Alli Lizer said...

Excellent. I totally agree with you about trying to live simply and refocus your life around things that inspire you (blogging and crafting included!).